A Holistic Approach to Your Care
Dr. Renée S. Kohanski will examine the many components of your life — medical, psychological, and social. You’ll work together (within the doctor-patient relationship) to get to the root of your pain and explore your paths to recovery.
My ‘special sauce’ for your care includes four key ingredients:
You can reach me by phone or text, get your prescriptions filled in a timely fashion, and your individual care is always approached from a holistic perspective.
Because I’m a medical doctor, I often discover medical conditions that may be overlooked by other practitioners. I consider how your medical issues might relate to a psychiatric diagnosis, and generate a comprehensive diagnosis that makes sense.
Moreover, I make sure you always understand the process. I translate ‘medical speak’ into plain English for you, and then back for your primary care physicians.
— Renée S. Kohanski, M.D.
Treating a Variety of Conditions
With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Kohanski is an expert at treating a wide variety of conditions:
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders (including panic attacks, generalized anxiety, social anxiety)
- Bipolar disorder (manic-depression)
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Attention deficit (hyperactive) disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Adjustment disorders
- Insomnia and sleep management
- Stress management
- Relationship difficulties
Working Toward Your Recovery
As a psychiatrist, Dr. Kohanski diagnoses and treats mental conditions through a variety of methods. This includes (but is not limited to):
- medication management, also known as psychopharmacology;
- psychotherapy or talk therapy;
- patient education and information;
- independent medical examinations (IMEs).
Dr. Kohanski’s methods are individually tailored to each and every patient she treats.